Friday, July 8, 2011

Why I'm Here

I'm a married college student trying to make ends meet. I am very financially minded and won't spend a dime unless it's necessary. If I don't have time to pack a lunch, I'll go hungry before I waste my money on over-priced-under-nutritive fast food. My whole life I have played sports and was raised to be a tom boy. I remember one time I was wearing a cute outfit and my sister, who usually made fun of me for being so "girly," told me that she wished she'd had cute clothes like that and urged me to go down that path instead of the t-shirt and soccer shorts route. I didn't really take her advice. I didn't have money to buy cute clothes and make-up seemed so expensive! So here I am finally trying to get out of my grungy look BUT staying on a budget. When I bought make-up it was always generic brand cheap-o stuff that I never loved and didn't look good or stay on very long.

I recently started selling Mary Kay. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this but I did it. Honestly, I'm embarrassed to say that I do. Mostly because I don't wear much make-up or know very much about product. I don't know why anyone would trust me with with make-up tips when I feel like everyone knows more than I do. But then I realized that there has got to be more people out there like me- trying to figure out this whole make-up thing.

Because I sell Mary-Kay I end up using their products so that I can actually say what it does and how well it works. I will be reviewing Mary Kay products honestly on this blog and giving out other make up / skin care tips as I go and hopefully help out fellow bare-faced girls!

By the way, if you order a product from me that you heard about on my blog, you'll get $1 off every $5 you spend! And remember that Mary Kay products are always 100% guaranteed. If you don't like it, get ALL your money back!!

So if you want to look professional and pretty but don't know where to start, you've come to the right place!!

1 comment:

  1. Which sister? Because it sounds like me (except telling you to follow the cutesy path) but I have no memory of that. Making fun of you doesn't sound like sherrie either ... PS I'd love to help you test out products :-)

    ReplyDelete