Sunday, July 10, 2011

My No Make-up Experiment

(First off I want to explain my last post- I made a point about saying how frugal I was so that when I recommend a product I am guaranteeing that it was worth my money. Everyone's skin is different so something that I love might not work as well for you but it also might work better for you. That's my disclaimer.)

So girls, we've all heard the big lie that a lot of guys tell. That lie is: "I prefer a girl with no make up and who wears sweats!" OK so please tell me why in any social setting, especially when people are first meeting each other the guys gravitate to the cutesy girl who is definitely not in sweats and definitely has make up on.

My friend and I made a bet about my hypothesis of it being a lie. This is my before picture:


And this is an example of the guys THAT attracted:

So I started doing my hair and putting on some make up:

And then I attracted THIS guy:

So my fellow anti-makeup friends, do you see why make up is important? Unfortunately for you you will never attract this guy because he's mine but you can find someone just as great. (And there's way more reasons than just dating to wear makeup)

Here's my thing about make-up- I feel like it makes people look fake. That's another reason on top of the money thing why I didn't like wearing it. But I've discovered some product that makes me look and feel better without making me look or feel fake.

I don't want to completely change how you look. You know those girls who slept in for the first time and nobody recognizes them? I'm totally against that.

What I like about make up is that it helps me feel better about myself. If you don't believe me, do this experiment: Wear sweats every day for a week and don't do anything with your hair and don't put any make up on. Chances are that you will feel like you look- grungy, lazy, and blah. But try wearing cute clothes and wash/do your hair. You will feel better about yourself because you care about yourself. Here's a hint to raise your grades: Dress up the day of a test- when you feel better about yourself you will do better.

Makeup should be used to enhance what you have, not change it! I don't think you should spend more than 5 minutes doing makeup. If you are, you're doing too much! Keep stopping by for tips on how to reduce time in front of the mirror and increase self-confidence!

5 comments:

  1. Umm ... it takes me 5 minutes to do my eyeliner, cover-up, and sunscreen. Guess I better cut back! PS I recognize a tip in that blog that needs to be sourced to your oldest sister :-) She gave me that same advice. Pretty stoked about your discount though, I need more of that tinted sunscreen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah ... and I did actually attract my guy with 0 make-up and sweats! Of course the running clothes probably didn't hurt ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie you're my hero for that second comment. ;)
    (I'm the gnome guy. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait for my next post and I will explain how that happened. hint: it includes tight running attire and plucked eyebrows :)

    ReplyDelete